Monday, March 9, 2009

Katie at 31 weeks (Birthing Classes, Showers, Bachelorette parties)

Katie looking a little exhausted

Amber, Katie (Beckton) and Carla

Above are a few pictures of me at a Bar in Columbus. I ventured out with some friends for my our friend Stephanie's Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party. Let me just point out that party buses are not as exciting when you drink water. However Beckton really seemed to enjoy himself as he was moving all over the place the whole night! He must have been dancing to the loud music! Guess he likes the same music as Mom!

Last week our friends and co-workers at LexisNexis through Scott and I a little baby shower! We had cake, told some funny stories, and they gave us an adorable card and very generous gift! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Beckton is starting to get lots of things! - THANK YOU to my sister and my Mom - who boxed up AJ's things from 0 - 12 months and sent to Beckton and I to enjoy! Thanks sis for all of the adorable things! All I had to do was separate and wash! It's very exciting to have things for him already! We continue to receive little gifts here and there from family and friends and it's just so nice.
The other major event from last week was that we actually started our Childbirth classes. Not much to be told, except that after some introductions, diagrams and watching some birthing videos Scott announced that he will most certainly be out of town the week I go into labor.! His exact quote? "Nothing should be that hard for anyone ever. It's completely ridiculous." I'm just glad he agrees with me! Needless to say we've paid for the classes and we did learn some things, so we will be going back weekly. Next week we're hoping we don't have to watch any horror movies though.
Beckton seems to be doing well (we're looking forward to our next appointment on March 11th when we get to see him again!)

No comments: