Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Katie at 30 weeks (Binkies and Boppies and Bumbos oh my!)


I am officially 30 weeks. 10 weeks to go! The pictures above were taken just 4 days apart!
So I'm getting bigger! Scott and I both think that I will go early, for a few reasons...
1. We just have a funny feeling.
2. Sometimes babies with two-vessel cords are delivered earlier.
3. We think Beckton has been through enough and might decide he's ready to join us soon!

I'm feeling alright. I'm hardly sleeping at all (not that much has changed) but either I cannot get comfortable or I'm going to the bathroom. Either way I'm up every hour which makes it tough to feel refreshed in the morning! Beckton is definitely getting bigger. My belly is bigger and his movements are much more pronounced. In fact, the books say that if a friend puts their ear up to my stomach they can actually hear the heartbeat. So, Scott decided to try this for himself. We got everything all quiet and Scott pressed his ear up against the baby ... he didn't get to hear the heartbeat because instead Beckton gave him a swift kick right in the ear! It was too funny.

We're still trying to find the time to get the nursery painted but we're just both so busy. We've also updated our registry and though we're a little overwhelmed about how much stuff something so small will need, it feels good to have that done! A big thanks to my friend Jenn for going with me to register! She had all kinds of tips and tricks for me that I would have otherwise not known! Scott is still wondering what on earth, binkies, boppies, and bumbos are but I guess he'll get it soon enough since we have showers coming up! We've also started to receive some fun gifts from friends, family and co-workers. My sister boxed up maternity and baby clothes for us and we're so thankful for that! Thank you to everyone who has wished us well with cards, gifts, hugs etc! I also seem to be finding bargains on baby clothes that I "have to have". I am a sucker for little boys outfits.

Finally, I am really eating more now. Mr. B is getting bigger and I have noticed an increase in my appetite. I don't necessarily eat huge meals but I seem to eat pretty frequently! Let's just hope I don't gain 20 pounds during the last two months!! It's getting closer now!

No comments: