Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Katie at 35 weeks (Spring has sprung but with snowflakes)

At Miami University with the Upham Arches behind me - while visiting with Scott

Snow in April? Note the tulips mixed with snow on the ground and blowing in the air!

Week 35 means we have 5 weeks to go until 40 weeks! Week 35 was a little crazy as I started having some contractions. Luckily they subsided but were actually pretty painful. Thank God my Mom was able to stay with me since Scott was out of town. If those were any indication of what labor is like ... all I can say is epidural.

The childbirth classes are over but we still have some parenting classes to finish up through April. We also have to attend a Baptismal class for Beckton's baptism after he is born. It's a lot of learning, but I think it will all come in handy.
So far April has been a month of getting things done! From the classes to decorating the baby room, making sure my claims for maternity leave are ready, securing a pediatrician, de-cluttering our house, making space in our house for new baby things, buying items we didn't get from showers like bottles and diaper bags, working on a transition plan for the new person to cover my responsibilities at work ... I think we will be prepared!!
I'm still feeling exhausted because of the bathroom visits in the middle of the night but all in all doing well. Beckton is all over the place and we're all very excited for what's to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sentimental to see you at Miami where I was when I was 18. If we could look into the future, we would see what we never could have imagined. I was so nervous and anxious back then. I did not know what wonderful things life had in store for me and that everything always works out. Relax and enjoy what life has in store for you. Live, Laugh, Love!
Love, Mom

Natalie said...

Your blog is so entertaining to me. I remember feeling so similar about things when I was pregnant with Payton! Try to enjoy the last few weeks of being pregnant...it's such an amazing experience! Beckton will be here before you guys know it. I'm so happy for you & Scott! Parenthood is AMAZING!!!