Friday, January 23, 2009

Katie at 24 Weeks (Beckton is a party animal and has the hiccups!)

Here I am at Cadillac Ranch in Cincy!

Well you can hardly tell from the picture's black background but this picture was taken in the bar ... at a Bachelorette Party! That's right, Beckton is quite the partier. Saturday was his second Bachelorette Party (for Jodie Nixon) his first was for Marisa back in September. He seemed to enjoy the loud music and dancing as I felt him move around a lot! Somehow despite my obvious lack of drinking, he still developed the hiccups! A few days after this picture was taken Scott and I had our 24/25 week appointment. I love my new doctor he's so knowledgeable and so much fun! So I told him I've been feeling these steady pings inside my belly he said that's definitely hiccups. So wierd! He also noted that Beckton is almost 2 pounds! My trusted website says that's roughly as long as an ear of corn and as heavy as a rutabaga (no I've never even seen one to know what they look like either).

The appointment went so well! I was tested for gestational diabetes (results won't be for a while), we signed up for all kinds of birthing and parenting classes, all of my blood tests etc. checked out great, I measured perfectly, and we heard Beckton's booming little heartbeat loud and clear. This time we didn't even have to wear headphones it was so loud the Doctor played it on a the speaker and said "I think people in the waiting room can hear this!"

Last but certainly not least, we've FINALLY cleaned out his room and now it's time for painting!
Everything is giong very well, I feel so lucky and very blessed!!!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

I love the new argyle background :)