Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thank You!


Thanks to everyone who has wished us well during the pregnancy! We've received many cards, gifts, e-mails, phone calls, get well wishes etc. Thank you everyone ...


I'd especially like to thank my amazing husband who has unfortunately had to assume the role of Mr. Mom. Lately, I've been so sick that he's had to take care of everything from bathing the dogs, to cooking, cleaning, yardwork and dealing with my misery. Add that to being a full-time employee and student and I'm lucky he hasn't thrown his hands up and said "screw this!" I feel blessed to have married him and I only hope that I will feel better soon and be able to help!


My other BIG thank you goes to my Mom (who in my opinion and my sisters) is probably the best Mom ever. Not only does she give super advice, she often shares my old baby items so that I can reminisce and try to incorporate into the nursery (such as my old receiving blankets, my hospital bracelets etc.), she also brings by food and has Scott and I over often, makes special shopping trips for me, and lately she's even helped clean my house!


I'm officially at week 13 but this week is tougher than ever. I'm really sick, stressed out and completely overwhelmed. At my doctors appointment today - The doctor and I discussed how I still have not gained one single pound, how it's strange to be sick now worse than ever, and how if I don't chill out my stress and health could affect the baby (so she has me off work for 3 days). The Good news - I was able to hear the heartbeat, she says the baby is growing at a normal rate and I got a prescription for sickness. So here's to my second trimester - in hopes that it's a good one!

No comments: